When you access and move around http://sma-design.co.uk, register an Account with S.M.A. Design or purchase a Product from S.M.A. Design, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
• Your name;
• Billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number;
• Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
• Your Images and other User Content;
• Correspondence with and from S.M.A. Design;
• Your preferences about receiving communications from S.M.A. Design;
• Information about your use of S.M.A. Design, and you’re browsing activities;
• S.M.A. Design collects certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site;
• We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information.
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
• to create and manage your personal account;
• to create personalised Products selected by you;
• to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
• to process payments you make for Products;
• to provide customer support;
• to contact you by email;
• to contact you by post;
• for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you;
• in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including payment service providers) under contract with us, without your permission unless:
• we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
• S.M.A. Design, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by S.M.A. Design about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements to which you are party, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
S.M.A. Design uses "cookies" help personalise and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
• Measure and analyse aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor's internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
• Remember our users' previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
• Record users' behaviour on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
• Evaluate user traffic and behaviour on the site to compile activity reports for our internal use only.
• Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
• Identify users arriving at the site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site. Disabling cookies may negatively impact your experience of the site.
Our Site may contain links to the websites of third parties, such as payment gateways or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), you have the right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you, by means of a process called a Subject Access Request.
if you make a Subject Access Request, Section 7 of the Act requires us :
• To tell you whether we process any of your personal data
• If so, to provide you with a description of the personal data we hold, the reasons it is being processed, and with whom we share it
• To provide you with a copy of the personal data we process in an intelligible form, and (where this is available) to inform you about the source of the data All Subject Access Requests must be in writing. We may require you to pay a fee in an amount specified under the Act (currently a maximum of £10) to help meet our costs in dealing with your request. Please write to S.M.A. Design, PO Box 2094, Livingston, EH54 0HF.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each User's responsibility:
• to ensure no-one else uses S.M.A. Design through his/her Account;
• to log off or exit from your S.M.A. Design Account when not using it; and
• to keep his/her password or other access information secret.